Microsoft Windows 10 has a built in feature called ShellExperienceHost. It’s useful to use when you want to run PowerShell with elevated privileges and it also includes Explorer integration features like quick commands, right-clicks on folders, etc.. A problem I’ve found is that if any other programs are running at the same time as this one – even unrelated ones such as games or anti virus software – they may cause problems for the shell experience host.
“windows cannot create the appcontainer profile for the microsoft windows shellexperiencehost.” is a problem that has been present on Windows 10. Microsoft has released a fix to this issue, but it can be difficult to find.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
3rd of December, 2021
Publish date: September 2020
- Microsoft.Windows has been reported by a large number of users. In Windows 10, the ShellExperienceHost error occurs.
- If you need assistance with this problem, just follow the steps outlined below.
- Do you need further assistance with your operating system? The Windows 10 Hub has all the details.
- Visit our Troubleshooting area for additional solutions and suggestions.
Although Windows 10 is a fantastic operating system, some people are experiencing issues with it.
They are receiving Microsoft.Windows, according to them. Let’s look at how to repair the ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly issue message.
How can I get Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost to work again?
Microsoft.Windows. The error ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly might be troublesome since it prevents you from accessing the Start Menu. When we’re talking about Microsoft, we’re talking about Windows. Users of ShellExperienceHost also reported the following issues:
- Microsoft.Windows. ShellExperienceHost has ceased operating — This is a reasonably typical issue with Windows 10. If you come across it, it’s possible that your user profile has been damaged, and you’ll need to establish a new one.
- Microsoft.Windows. Microsoft.Windows and ShellExperienceHost Cortana not installed properly — This problem may sometimes impact both the Start Menu and Cortana. You may need to use PowerShell to re-register Start Menu to resolve the issue.
2. Make sure your graphics card’s driver is up to date.
According to users, Microsoft.Windows appears on occasion. If your graphics card driver is out of date, the ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly error may display.
Users who were utilizing Nvidia graphics reported this issue, and they had to upgrade their driver to repair it.
It’s easy to update your graphics card driver; all you have to do is go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the most recent driver for your graphics card.
Install the driver after downloading it, and the problem should be addressed.
If you don’t know how to update your graphics card driver manually, we created a full tutorial on how to do so, so be sure to read it for more information.
We must also warn you that manually downloading drivers entails the danger of installing the incorrect driver, which might result in major problems.
Using an automated application like DriverFix to update drivers on a Windows machine is a safer and simpler option.
Using is much simpler since it scans, downloads, and repairs the drivers for you, and all you have to do is choose which ones need to be fixed and wait.
The program is made even more accessible by the fact that the user interface is simple, so you can’t go wrong even if it’s your first time using it.
2. Check for new information.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- Now, go ahead and click the Check for Updates option.
If you’re experiencing this issue, it’s possible that you’re missing an update. It’s usually a good idea to keep your PC updated since new updates solve numerous issues and malfunctions.
Windows 10 updates are normally installed automatically, but you may check for updates manually as well.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded in the background automatically. Check whether the issue persists after your PC has been updated.
If you can’t launch the Settings app, follow the instructions in this article to remedy the problem in only a few steps.
3. Remove Dropbox from your computer.
Dropbox is a well-known cloud storage service, however it seems that Dropbox has some compatibility concerns with Windows 10.
Dropbox, according to users, is the primary cause of Microsoft.Windows. The only way to fix the ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly issue message is to delete Dropbox.
Uninstalling Dropbox addressed the problem for several users, so you may want to try that. If you depend on Dropbox substantially, you may have to wait until Dropbox upgrades its client to remedy the problem.
It’s worth noting that there are a few methods to remove Dropbox, but the most effective one is to utilize uninstaller software.
The finest uninstallers will delete every file and registry entry associated with the software you wish to uninstall.
They may also compel you to delete dangerous applications and warn you when bloatware is going to be installed.
This ensures that nothing is left behind that may cause Microsoft.Windows to appear. Error with ShellExperienceHost.
4. Switch to Safe Mode
- Click the Restart button while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- You may also just restart your PC a few times throughout the startup process.
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings from the Troubleshoot menu. Restart the computer by pressing the Restart button.
- You’ll see a selection of alternatives once your computer restarts. By hitting the proper key on your keyboard, you may choose any version of Safe Mode.
- Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, run a test to see whether the same problem message occurs.
Some people say that Microsoft.Windows can be fixed. By entering Safe Mode, you can easily fix the ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly issue message.
Restart your machine and start Windows 10 normally if there is no error notice. According to users, activating Safe Mode should immediately cure the problem, so give it a go.
The majority of Windows users are unaware of how simple it is to add Safe Mode to the boot menu. Find out how to accomplish it in just a few simple steps.
5. Run a DISM scan.
- To enter the Power User Menu, press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth into the Command Prompt and hit Enter.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
- Restart your computer when the procedure is finished to see whether the issue has been fixed.
This problem has been reported to be fixed by running a DISM scan, according to users.
If you’re experiencing problems accessing Command Prompt as an administrator, you should read this instructions carefully.
6. Restore the system.
- Enter restore by pressing Windows Key + S.
- From the list of options, choose Create a restore point.
- Select System Restore from the drop-down menu.
- The system restore process will begin. Then press the Next button.
- Click Next after selecting the restoration point you wish to go back to.
- To execute the restoration, follow the directions on the screen.
This issue, according to users, is caused by a malfunctioning update, and the quickest method to solve it is to use System Restore.
If System Restore resolves the problem, you may need to disable the automatic installation of some updates to prevent the error from recurring.
If you want to learn more about how to build a restore point and how it might benefit you, check out this straightforward post.
7. Using PowerShell, re-register the Start Menu
- Start PowerShell with administrative privileges.
- To do so, hit Windows Key + S, type PowerShell into the search box, right-click PowerShell in the list of results, and choose Run as administrator.
- To launch it, type the following into PowerShell and hit Enter:
- Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle | percent add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “appxmetadataappxbundlemanifest.xml”) add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “appxmetadataappxbundlemanifest.xml”) add-appxpackage -register
PowerShell is a very useful and powerful tool, and it may occasionally be used to solve issues. Keep in mind that PowerShell is a potentially harmful program, and that using it may harm your computer.
When the Windows key stops functioning, most people are stumped. Check out this advice to stay one step ahead of the game.
8. Make a new user account.
If you’re seeing this problem, it’s possible that your user profile is corrupt. File corruption may develop for a variety of reasons, and since fixing damaged data is a lengthy and time-consuming operation, it’s typically preferable to just establish a new user account.
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Navigate to the Accounts area of the Settings app after it has opened.
- Select Family & Other People from the left pane. Select Add someone else to this PC in the right pane.
- Select This person’s sign-in information is not in my possession.
- Now choose Add a person who does not have a Microsoft account.
- Click Next after entering the desired user name.
After that, you should be able to create a new user profile. Change to a different user account and see whether the issue still exists. If not, your prior user account has been corrupted.
You may transfer your personal files from the previous account to the new one and use it instead of your primary account if you desire.
9. Open Windows Explorer again.
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Navigate to the Processes tab in Task Manager, right-click Windows Explorer, and choose Restart from the menu.
If you’re receiving Microsoft.Windows, you’re in luck. Error message: ShellExperienceHost must be installed successfully; the issue might be a Windows Explorer bug.
Windows Explorer, in case you didn’t know, is in charge of your user interface and is one of the first programs you see when you boot up Windows.
Users report that restarting Windows Explorer will temporarily solve the issue.
After that, Windows Explorer should restart, and the issue should be resolved for the time being. Keep in mind that this is just a temporary fix, and the problem will most likely resurface after you restart your computer.
Even if it’s just a temporary fix, it’s a good one until you discover a permanent answer.
The majority of customers are clueless when it comes to dealing with a sluggish Task Manager. Don’t be one of them; instead, read this simple tutorial to find out how to make it happen quicker!
Delete registry entries.
- Enter regedit by pressing Windows Key + R. Click OK or press Enter.
- Navigate to this key in the right panel when Registry Editor opens:
- Optional: Because modifying the registry may be harmful and result in new issues if done incorrectly, we recommend backing up the UpdatedApplications key before deleting any entries.
- Simply right-click UpdatedApplications and choose Export from the menu.
- Select Selected branch from the Export range drop-down menu. Click the Save button after entering the desired name.
- If anything goes wrong after you’ve modified your registry, you may always utilize this file to undo your modifications and restore the registry to its previous condition.
- Expand the UpdatedApplications key and remove all of the subkeys that are accessible.
- Simply right-click a key and choose Delete from the menu that appears.
- When the confirmation box displays, choose Yes.
Microsoft.Windows appears on occasion. Due to specific registry entries, the warning ShellExperienceHost needs to be installed properly may display. These entries may sometimes cause Windows to malfunction, resulting in this and other issues.
If you can’t modify the registry in Windows 10, read this helpful tutorial to discover the fastest fixes.
The issue should be fixed after removing all subkeys. If manually removing the subkeys seems too time-consuming, you may use PowerShell to remove all subkeys. Simply follow these instructions to do so:
- As an administrator, start Powershell.
- Run the following command when Powershell starts:
- Remove-Item HKLM:SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAppxAppxAllUserStoreUpdatedApplications* HKLM:SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAppxAppxAllUserStoreUpdatedApplications*
All subkeys in your registry will be automatically erased once you run this command, and the problem should be rectified.
11. Carry out an update on-the-spot.
- Run the Media Creation Tool after downloading it.
- Accept the terms of service when the Media Creation Tool begins.
- Choose Upgrade this PC Now and then click Next.
- Windows 10 Setup is currently getting ready. This might take some time, so be prepared to wait.
- Now you must decide whether or not you wish to install the critical updates. This isn’t required since you can always get these updates later.
- You should now see a message that says “Ready to install.” Change what you want to retain by clicking Change what you want to keep. Personal data and software should be kept safe.
- The upgrading procedure should begin after that.
Microsoft.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows.Windows The ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly issue is mainly caused by file corruption, and in certain situations, an in-place update may be able to cure the problem.
If you’re unfamiliar with in-place upgrades, they reinstall Windows 10 while keeping all of your data and existing apps.
Be patient as this procedure might take a long time. When the in-place update is complete, you should have the most recent version of Windows 10 installed, together with all of your files and programs.
If you’re having trouble upgrading to the newest version of Windows 10, check out our dedicated page for the best options.
Microsoft.Windows. The issue ShellExperienceHost has to be installed properly might be troublesome, but we hope you were able to resolve it using one of our methods.
If you have any more questions or recommendations, or if you know of a better option, please let us know in the comments area below, and we would gladly investigate.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost error on Windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an article outlining the steps to fix the issue. Reference: error the process shellexperiencehost.exe not found.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix ShellExperienceHost exe?
A: If you are experiencing issues with ShellExperienceHost.exe, it is recommended to reset your Windows operating system and then reinstall the game.
How do I turn off ShellExperienceHost exe?
A: If you have found a ShellExperienceHost.exe file, please follow these steps to disable it from running in the background of your computer: http://www.shell-experience.com/en/?page=tutorials&action=stop
How do I fix my shell experience host?
A: If you are experiencing issues with your game, please follow these steps:
- faulting application name shellexperiencehost.exe server 2016
- activation of app microsoft-windows shellexperiencehost.
- shellexperiencehost.exe event id 1002
- event id 522 esent shellexperiencehost
- windows 10 start menu suspended