When I first got my Lumia 950, it would not pair with the car’s bluetooth. After some troubleshooting and poking around on Google, I found that activating radio was disabled by default for this phone model. This article takes you through the process of turning wireless on your device to use its GPS location features.
Regardless of popular streaming services and other musical alternatives, there are still many enthusiasts of traditional FM radio throughout the globe. The Lumia 950 does not have an FM radio for some reason. It is physically there, but it is deactivated on a software level. This article will show you how to turn on the radio on your Lumia 950.
- Download the Windows Phone 8.1 Lite Developer software bundle.
- Activate Developer mode in «Settings» — «Upgrading and Security» — «For Developers».
- RootTool.xap is the file to download.
- With the Windows Phone Application Deployment tool, you may install it on your smartphone.
- Go to «Jailbreak Lumia» — «Capability Unlock» — «Unlock Windows Capabilities» in the installed program.
- Select the «Registry Tool» from the app’s main menu.
- Register the path: «SOFTWAREMicrosoftFMRadioOEM», Registry Key: «NotPresent», Registry Value: «0» by selecting «HKEY LOCAL MACHINE», checking the box «Check whether we value is DWORD», and registering the path: «SOFTWAREMicrosoftFMRadioOEM», Registry Key: «NotPresent», Registry Value: «0».
- Select «Write» from the drop-down menu.
- Your Smartphone should be restarted.
- Install the application’s FM Radio.
- Connect the headphones, launch the radio app, and manually choose the station. Locate and turn on the radio. Press the volume button and the curtain that has fallen on the station’s frequency.
- The normal application will show on your screen after that.
- You’ll discover the chosen station already there, and you’ll be able to save it to your smartphone’s home screen for subsequent use.
This option is for individuals who are hesitant to go into the register and make changes. The drawback is the need for a second smartphone that supports FM radio (Lumia 630 or equivalent). You’ll also have to reset a couple of times, which takes some time.
- Make a Lumia 950 backup. Make a factory reset on the smartphone, then restore the backup to the Lumia 950 during the activation log-in process (important: the second smartphone must be running Windows 10 Mobile).
- Attach the preferred radio station to your home screen after activation. Make a copy of the second device’s backup.
- Clear the settings on the Lumia 950, then pick the second smartphone to which you’ve linked radio tiles to the home screen during backup activation.
- After the data transfer is complete, you may use the FM-radio with fixed tiles on the home screen to listen to music.
Have you discovered a blunder? Ctrl + Enter will highlight the text.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn on my Lumia 950?
A: To turn on your Lumia 950, press the power button located at the top of your device. Then you need to hold down the volume up and power button simultaneously for about 7 seconds until it vibrates then release both buttons. It will now be powered off, but if you want to go back into standby mode quickly just repeat this process
Does Lumia 950 support 4G?
A: Unfortunately, the Lumia 950 does not support 4G.
Does Microsoft Lumia 950 support Whatsapp?
ère A: Unfortunately, Microsoft Lumia 950 doesnt support Whatsapp.